Super Bowl outage traced to electrical relay device
(CNN) — The cause of Sunday’s power outage at the Super Bowl in New Orleans has been traced to an electrical relay device, Entergy New Orleans Inc. announced Friday.
The device has been removed from service and replacement equipment is being evaluated, the company said in a news release.
The 35-minute electrical outage at the Superdome set off a storm of social media amusement among viewers and inspired advertising tweets with blackout twists.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home