Numerous flights canceled at PTIA as northeast braces for blizzard
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Numerous flights that were set to depart from or arrive at the Piedmont Triad International Airport have been canceled as the northeast braces for a heavy winter storm.
More than 3,300 flights have been canceled across the country as emergency crews prepare for a massive blizzard.
Airports in New York, New Jersey, Boston and Chicago in addition to at least 60 airports across the country are announcing delays and cancellations.
At least 1,500 flights leaving New York alone are canceled.
Even though the bad weather is north of the Piedmont Triad, it is affecting travel in our area, too.
PTI airport flights to LaGuardia are canceled today.
PTI airport flights to Newark this morning at 8:47 and 10:12 are on time. Afternoon flights to Newark are canceled.
At least one flight from PTI to Washington, D.C. is canceled today.
At Charlotte Douglas International Airport, nearly fifty flights are grounded.
Raleigh Durham’s International Airport is canceling all flights after lunch time.
In addition, most Amtrak rail services to the Northeast are suspended. All Amtrak services to or from Penn Station in New York are cancelled.
For specific flight information in the Triad, visit flyfrompti.com.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k