Davidson County to enter gun debate
DAVIDSON COUNTY, N.C. — Davidson County Commissioners will consider a resolution supporting citizens’ right to buy, own and posses firearms, according to The Dispatch.
Commissioners will take up the “Resolution Expressing Support for the Preservation of the Right to Bear Arms” which will commit commissioners to taking steps to preserve second amendment rights, according to the report.
The draft states, “The exercise of this right to own and posses arms by the free citizenry of this nation has been an essential element in the country’s historic development.”
Read more at The Dispatch
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave