Davidson County to enter gun debate
DAVIDSON COUNTY, N.C. — Davidson County Commissioners will consider a resolution supporting citizens’ right to buy, own and posses firearms, according to The Dispatch.
Commissioners will take up the “Resolution Expressing Support for the Preservation of the Right to Bear Arms” which will commit commissioners to taking steps to preserve second amendment rights, according to the report.
The draft states, “The exercise of this right to own and posses arms by the free citizenry of this nation has been an essential element in the country’s historic development.”
Read more at The Dispatch
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting