Charlotte City Council endorses agreement with Panthers
CHARLOTTE, N.C. –The Charlotte City Council reached an agreement to ensure the Carolina Panthers stay in the city, according to WCNC.
The Charlotte City Council endorsed a proposal that would give the Panthers $144 million in city money over the next 15 years for upgrades to Bank of America Stadium, according to the report.
State lawmakers must approve a one percent food and beverage tax in order for the deal to be finalized.
Read more at WCNC
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it