Accused witch burned alive
An accused witch was burned alive in front of hundreds of horrified witnesses in a Papua New Guinea town, according to the Associated Press.
According to the report, a mob stripped, tortured and bound a woman accused of witchcraft, then burned her alive.
Bystanders, including several children, watched and took photographs of the brutal slaying. Grisly pictures were then published on the front pages of the country’s two largest newspapers.
According to the report, witchcraft is often blamed for unexplained misfortunes in rural Papua New Guinea. Sorcery has traditionally been countered by sorcery, but responses to allegations of witchcraft have become increasingly violent in recent years.
Source: Associated Press
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting