Pedestrian fatally struck on US 311 in High Point
HIGH POINT, N.C. — A pedestrian was fatally struck Thursday night on Southbound U.S. 311 in High Point.
Police say 72-year-old Robert Greene of High Point was walking in the travel lane around 8:15 p.m. when he was struck by at least two vehicles, possibly more.
The area is poorly-lit and Greene was wearing dark clothing, police said.
No charges are expected to be filed. Capt. Myers with the High Point Police Department said it “seemed like an unavoidable collision.”
Southbound 311 was closed at the Eastchester exit for several hours while officers investigated.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault