Man in serious condition after Winston-Salem shooting
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Police say a man is in serious condition after a shooting in Winston-Salem.
According to police, officers were dispatched shortly after 2:30 a.m. Thursday to reports of shots fired in the 2300 block of Bethabara Road.
While en route, officers received another report of a shooting at 4954 Shattalon Drive.
When they arrived, police say they found 29-year-old Corey Maurice Winfield lying in the yard with two gunshot wounds to his abdomen.
The victim told police he was shot at the Apple Creek Apartments before he drove himself to Shattalon Drive.
Winfield was rushed to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center where he immediately underwent surgery. Police said he was still in surgery as of 6:15 a.m. and was listed in “serious condition.”
No other information was provided.
Police are investigating and ask that anyone with further information would call them at 773-7700.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home