Family sues Disneyland, claims character is ‘racist’
A family in San Diego is suing Disneyland, claiming that an employee in a rabbit costume is racist, according to KSWB.
6-year-old Jason Black was on vacation with his family at Disneyland in August, when he went to hug his favorite character, The Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland, according to the report.
Jason told FOX5 that he tried to hug the character, but he didn’t hug back.
His older brother also tried to hold the character’s hand, but he pushed his hand away, according to the report.
The Black family filed a lawsuit against Disneyland, claiming that the children were discriminated against by the person portraying the rabbit because they are black.
Read more at KSWB
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave