Truck dangles over Fla. freeway after deadly crash
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — One person died and another was taken to the hospital early Wednesday after the box truck they were in crashed and was left dangling on a Miami highway overpass.
According to NBC7, the accident occurred around 5 a.m. on the State Road 84 West on-ramp from I-95 in Fort Lauderdale.
After crashing, the Tracy Bakery truck ended up halfway off the overpass, wedged between the railing and a pillar.
The driver of the truck was taken to the hospital with unknown injuries, while the passenger was pronounced dead at the scene, NBC7 reports.
About two hours after the crash, three tow trucks were reportedly able to pull the truck back onto the overpass.
Read more: NBCMiami.com
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k