Half-inch of rain expected Thursday evening
Cloudy skies and chilly temperatures are the rule of thumb for today!
We’ll need to pop open our umbrellas tonight and they’ll get a good workout through the morning hours. The heaviest rain will be to the south and east, closest to the track of an area of low pressure. Across the Piedmont, expect about 1/2″ in the rain gauge through Friday evening.
Temperatures today will certainly get your attention! We’ll struggle to stay in the 40′s today and with wet weather moving in by this evening, it will feel very chilly and raw as the evening commute gets underway. Lows tonight will be in the upper 30′s.
Tomorrow, morning showers will greet you, then a brief break in the clouds offers a sunny midday treat. Temperatures will climb back to the mid-50′s with that sunshine, but another brief period of showers will roll through in the late afternoon.
The weekend is looking fabulous and dry with temperatures holding steady… in the mid-50′s!
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave