Food Lion parent company Delhaize to fire 350 corporate workers
SALISBURY, N.C. — Delhaize America, the parent company of Food Lion, will fire 350 corporate employees as part of a reorganization that started last year, the Salisbury Post is reporting.
According to the report, all layoffs will be above the store manager level.
A memo sent to employees obtained by the paper did not specify how many Food Lion employees will lose their jobs, and a spokeswoman told the paper she could not give details by company.
Salisbury-based Delhaize America owns several grocery chains, including Bottom Dollar Food, also headquartered in Salisbury.
Read more: Salisbury Post
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k