Food Lion parent company Delhaize to fire 350 corporate workers
SALISBURY, N.C. — Delhaize America, the parent company of Food Lion, will fire 350 corporate employees as part of a reorganization that started last year, the Salisbury Post is reporting.
According to the report, all layoffs will be above the store manager level.
A memo sent to employees obtained by the paper did not specify how many Food Lion employees will lose their jobs, and a spokeswoman told the paper she could not give details by company.
Salisbury-based Delhaize America owns several grocery chains, including Bottom Dollar Food, also headquartered in Salisbury.
Read more: Salisbury Post
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old