Dump truck driver charged in deadly Davidson County crash
LINWOOD, N.C. — A dump truck driver has reportedly been charged in a fatal wreck that occurred last week in Davidson County.
The wreck was reported shortly before 1:30 p.m. Friday at the intersection of Old Salisbury Road/Old U.S. Highway 29 and Belmont Road.
According to the Lexington Dispatch, 71-year-old Thelma Darlene Rickard of Linwood was killed as the result of the crash.
Dennis Joseph Theiss, 52, of Hendersonville, has been charged with misdemeanor death by motor vehicle, driving with a revoked license, and displaying a driver’s license known to be suspended, the paper reports.
Authorities initially told FOX8 three people were pinned in their vehicles as the result of the collision.
Read more: The-Dispatch.com
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy