Man shot in Winston-Salem, suspect sought
2509 Green Oaks Court (Google Maps)
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Police are searing for a suspect after a man was shot late Monday night in Winston-Salem.
The victim told police he was leaving his friend’s house in the 2509 Green Oaks Court around 9:45 p.m. when the suspect confronted him at the bottom of the stairs leading to the parking lot.
During the confrontation, the victim said the suspect began pistol whipping him. Police say a struggle ensued and the victim was shot once in his right arm before the suspect ran away.
The victim was taken to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to be treated for the wound, which was not life-threatening.
The suspect is described as a light-skinned black male with a medium build between the ages of 30 and 40 years old and standing about 6′ tall. He was wearing a red hooded sweatshirt and blue jeans at the time of the incident.
Anyone with further information is asked to call Crimestoppers at 727-2800.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home