Greensboro and Guilford County set to begin enforcing sweepstakes ban
GREENSBORO —The Guilford County Sheriff’s Office and Greensboro Police will begin to enforce a law that prohibits sweepstakes parlors and video poker machines, The News and Record reports.
The sheriff’s office will evaluate what steps should be taken and hopes to have a plan in place in the next two weeks.
The Greensboro Police will send a notice to all sweepstakes and video operators that will give the businesses two weeks to get rid of their machines, according to the News and Record.
Read more at The News and Record
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k