Gaston County man arrested on ninth DWI charge
Michael Wayne Upton, 45, of Gaston County
GASTONIA, N.C. — A Gaston County man is facing his ninth DUI after being arrested Monday for running a red light on his moped.
WBTV reported that Michael Wayne Upton, 45, was charged in the incident which was reported at 12:15 a.m. on Wilkinson Boulevard.
Police said Jones was “very unsteady” on his moped and refused a breathalyzer test.
Authorities said this is Upton’s ninth time being arrested for DWI in at least the last 25 years. He’ been convicted in multiple counties seven times.
Upton is also listed as a registered sex offender for taking indecent liberties with a child in 2005, records show.
Read more: WBTV.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home