Burlington man charged with extortion, communicating threats
BURLINGTON, N.C. — A Burlington man faces charges of extortion and communicating threats, deputies said in a press release.
On Feb. 1, the Alamance County Sheriff’s Office received a report of extortion that occurred last month.
Following an investigation, Harold Chad Gordon, 45, of 2009 North Ashland Dr., was charged with extortion and communicating threats.
Deputies did not provide details of the alleged incident.
Additional charges are possible.
Gordon is being held in the Alamance County Detention Center on charges unrelated to this incident. He received an additional $75,000 bond.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k