Former North Wilkesboro mayor charged in marijuana bust
WILKESBORO, N.C. — A former North Wilkesboro mayor has been charged in an 8-pound marijuana bust.
Neil Cashion, 65, is accused of three felonies related to trafficking marijuana.
A storage space where the drugs were kept was raided in November. Two months later, lab technicians officially confirmed that the substance was marijuana.
The former mayor also faces several misdemeanors.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home