Crews battle apartment fire in Winston-Salem
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Officials said no injuries were reported after an apartment caught fire Saturday afternoon in Winston-Salem.
Authorities said 27 Winston-Salem city firefighters responded to scene at Cedar Lake Condominiums at 108 Cedar Lake Trail shortly after 3:30 p.m.
Officials said all the residents were able to get out of condo safely. Fire authorities said flames were showing upon arrival.
The fire reportedly started out of the top right unit. The unit beneath was reportedly vacant. Officials have not released a cause of the fire.
Witnesses said there were two teenagers in top right unit at the time of the fire.
Briana Griggs said she got the call from her brother that her unit was on fire. She said her teenage brother and cousin were awaken from a nap by the smell of smoke.
“By the grace of god they were okay,” Griggs said. “The firemen expected no survivors and nothing to be salvaged from the fire. My house was burned to ashes and I’m just glad every life was ok.”
An estimate of damages was not immediately available.
NOTE: Cell phone video provided by Evan Bock.Submit Your Photo
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'