Bus hits overpass, 33 injured
BOSTON – Officials said a charter bus heading from Harvard University to Pennsylvania struck a bridge in Boston, injuring 33 people.
CBS Station WBZ Boston reported that it happened around 7:30 p.m. Saturday when an oversized bus carrying 42 people tried to pass under a bridge.
The vehicle reportedly crashed on Soldier’s Field Road, a major crosstown road.
Several passengers were trapped on the bus for hours. Firefighters stood on top of the bus using boards to extract them.
Officials said the incident is under investigation.
More: CBS Boston.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it