49ers gay rights ad pulled amid controversy
A gay rights ad featuring members of the San Francisco 49ers has been pulled.
NESN reported that defensive tackle Isaac Sopoaga and linebacker Ahmad Brooks did not recall making the video. They told USA Today they had no idea it was to support LGBT youths, and instead thought it was just about general bullying.
The team was praised at the time for being the first NFL team to shoot an “It Gets Better” ad.
Cornerback Chris Culliver also made controversial statements saying he wouldn’t welcome a gay player into the locker room during Super Bowl week.
“It Gets Better” has pulled the 49ers’ ad from their website due to the two instances.
‘People of Walmart’
Faces of Meth
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave