Yadkinville man accused of starving dogs
YADKINVILLE, N.C. — A Yadkin County man faces multiple animal cruelty charges after two dogs were found malnourished, resulting in one of the dogs being euthanized.
According to the sheriff’s office, Abigail Gonalzez Lopez, 51, of Yadkinville, was arrested on Wednesday. According to deputies, an anonymous person called Yadkin County Animal Control and asked them to check on two dogs.
“One of the dogs was very sick and the other was very malnourished. The dogs were seized in exigent circumstances,” according to a release from the sheriff’s office.
One dog had to be euthanized
Lopez was charged with one count of felony killing an animal by starvation and one count of animal cruelty. He received a $5,000 secured bond.
No other information was provided.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview