Yadkinville man accused of starving dogs
YADKINVILLE, N.C. — A Yadkin County man faces multiple animal cruelty charges after two dogs were found malnourished, resulting in one of the dogs being euthanized.
According to the sheriff’s office, Abigail Gonalzez Lopez, 51, of Yadkinville, was arrested on Wednesday. According to deputies, an anonymous person called Yadkin County Animal Control and asked them to check on two dogs.
“One of the dogs was very sick and the other was very malnourished. The dogs were seized in exigent circumstances,” according to a release from the sheriff’s office.
One dog had to be euthanized
Lopez was charged with one count of felony killing an animal by starvation and one count of animal cruelty. He received a $5,000 secured bond.
No other information was provided.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home