Second suspect arrested after student brings gun to school
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Police have charged a second suspect, after a student brought a gun to Carver High School on Thursday.
Winston-Salem Police arrested and charged Raul Olivera Mejia, 20, with failure to secure a weapon to protect a minor on Friday.
Carver High School was placed on lockdown on Thursday, after a student brought an unloaded .22 caliber pistol to school.
The student was charged with possession of a weapon on school property.
Mejia will appear in court later this month.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault