Rockingham County school bus driver arrested for inappropriate relationship with student
Marcus Dashon Miller
WENTWORTH, N.C. — A Rockingham County school bus driver was arrested on Friday for having an inappropriate relationship with a high school student, according to Rockingham County Police.
Marcus Dashon Miller, 20, was arrested and charged with having indecent liberties with a student, after a Rockingham County High School student tipped-off school administrators about the alleged relationship. School administrators then notified police.
Miller resigned as a Rockingham County bus driver on Friday after being confronted by school officials about the relationship.
Miller was hired as an interim bus driver for Rockingham County Schools in March of last year, and was then hired as a part-time bus driver for Rockingham County High School and Middle School in August.
The suspect has been placed in Rockingham County Jail.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault