Lawmaker accuses NAACP chief of racism
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) — In an email obtained by WTVD, Republican State Representative Michael Speciale of New Bern, takes aim at North Carolina NAACP President William Barber, accusing him of “racist diatribes” and a “racing-baiting attitude”.
Speciale sent the email in response to a statement mailed to lawmakers by the NAACP on January 23, that accused Republicans who support a voter ID bill of engaging in an, “obvious tactic to suppress the votes of minorities” who are more likely to vote for Democrats.
In his response, Representative Speciale calls the NAACP message “as insulting a diatribe as I have seen in years” and chides Barber for tarnishing the proud history of the NAACP.
Read more at WTVD
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k