Lawmaker accuses NAACP chief of racism
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) — In an email obtained by WTVD, Republican State Representative Michael Speciale of New Bern, takes aim at North Carolina NAACP President William Barber, accusing him of “racist diatribes” and a “racing-baiting attitude”.
Speciale sent the email in response to a statement mailed to lawmakers by the NAACP on January 23, that accused Republicans who support a voter ID bill of engaging in an, “obvious tactic to suppress the votes of minorities” who are more likely to vote for Democrats.
In his response, Representative Speciale calls the NAACP message “as insulting a diatribe as I have seen in years” and chides Barber for tarnishing the proud history of the NAACP.
Read more at WTVD
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old