Former Guilford Co. teacher charged with sex offense with student
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Guilford County Sheriff BJ Barnes says a former Eastern Guilford High School teacher has been arrested on charges of statutory rape and sex offense with a student.
According to Sheriff Barnes, Roger Brice Redding Williams Jr., of Whitsett, is charged with statutory rape of a child, indecent liberties with a child, and sex offense with a student.
Randy Powers said the incident took place last December, at which time Williams was employed as a teacher at Eastern Guilford High.
“The offense occurred between Williams and a student of the school,” Barnes said in a news release.
Randy Powers said the student told other students about the relationship and the rumor spread around the school.
A staff member at the school contacted the sheriff’s office.
Williams was arrested on Thursday. He is no longer employed at Eastern Guilford High.
No other information was provided.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK