Plumlee leads Duke past Wake Forest 75-70
Mason Plumlee scored a career-high 32 points and No. 5 Duke held off Wake Forest 75-70 on Wednesday night.
Seth Curry added 21 points, including a tiebreaking 3-pointer in the final minutes.
The Blue Devils shot nearly 52 percent, despite going just 2-for-14 from 3-point range.
Freshman Devin Thomas had 15 points for the Demon Deacons (10-10, 3-5), who were denied their second upset of a nationally ranked state rival in eight nights.
C.J. Harris and Travis McKie added 14 points each for Wake Forest, which led 66-65 on Tyler Cavanaugh’s three-point play with 4:02 left.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home