Carver High School student charged after bringing a gun to school
Carver High School, Winston-Salem (WGHP)
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. –A Carver High School student has been charged with possession of a weapon on school property, after the juvenile brought a gun to school.
Police located the unloaded .22 caliber pistol in a book bag, after the school was placed on lockdown for forty-three minutes, while officers searched for the weapon.
The lockdown began around 2 p.m. Thursday when administrators learned a student brought a gun to school, Winston-Salem/Forsyth County School spokesperson Theo Helm says confirmed.
School dismissal was delayed until 3:40 p.m. as a result of the lockdown. Parents were notified of the incident by automated phone call.
The juvenile has been placed in the Forsyth County Juvenile Detention Center.
No injuries were reported.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'