Carver High School student charged after bringing a gun to school
Carver High School, Winston-Salem (WGHP)
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. –A Carver High School student has been charged with possession of a weapon on school property, after the juvenile brought a gun to school.
Police located the unloaded .22 caliber pistol in a book bag, after the school was placed on lockdown for forty-three minutes, while officers searched for the weapon.
The lockdown began around 2 p.m. Thursday when administrators learned a student brought a gun to school, Winston-Salem/Forsyth County School spokesperson Theo Helm says confirmed.
School dismissal was delayed until 3:40 p.m. as a result of the lockdown. Parents were notified of the incident by automated phone call.
The juvenile has been placed in the Forsyth County Juvenile Detention Center.
No injuries were reported.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave