Wake Forest to retire Chris Paul’s No. 3 basketball jersey
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – Wake Forest plans to retire NBA star Chris Paul’s No. 3 jersey at a halftime ceremony at the Demon Deacons’ game against Maryland on March 2.
The Greensboro News & Record reported that the jersey will be the 11th one Wake Forest has honored. Josh Howard’s No. 5 jersey was the last one retired in January 2004.
No other Wake Forest player has worn No. 3 since Paul left for the NBA in 2005.
Charlie Davis, Muggsy Bogues, Skip Brown and Tim Duncan are among some of the others to have had their jerseys retired by Wake Forest.
Read more: The Greensboro News & Record.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home