Strong winds cause tree to fall on house in Fayetteville
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — A large tree fell on a house in Fayetteville after a severe thunderstorm packing high winds moved through the area on Wednesday evening.
The tree left severe damage to the residence, leaving four child and four adults without a home, according to police.
A 60-year-old man was transported to the hospital with minor injuries.
The Red Cross is assisting the family.
No other details have been provided.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault