Former NASCAR team employee pleads guilty to embezzlement
Anne Hinkle Winner, 62, of Summerfield. (Guilford Co. Jail)
GREENSBORO, N.C. — A Summerfield woman accused of embezzling more than $300,000 from Bill Davis Racing entered a plea deal in Guilford County Superior Court on Tuesday.
The Greensboro News & Record reported that Anne Hinkle Winner, 62, pleaded guilty to six counts of embezzlement and one count of obtaining property under false pretenses.
The paper reported that Winner worked as a business manager at a division of the company for two years.
Judge John O. Craig III sentenced her to four to five months in prison for one of the embezzlement counts and six consecutive suspended sentences of six to eight months each for the other charges.
She was reportedly also ordered to pay $100,000 to her former employer. The paper reported that $75,000 had already paid.
Read more: The Greensboro News & Record.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train