Asheboro preps for severe weather
ASHEBORO, N.C. —Asheboro Public Works is preparing for severe weather that is expected to move into the area on Wednesday evening.
Two crews of eight men will be on call throughout the night to clear away debris caused by potential wind damage from the storms.
Workers checked the connection and cable on the knuckleboom loader responsible for collecting broken limbs, sharpened the blades of chainsaws and tuned up the city’s backhoe throughout Wednesday afternoon.
City manager John Ogburn said that several trees fell during last week’s ice storm, and he wants to make sure the city is prepared for Wednesday night’s weather event.
“Just making sure all the equipment is greased, gas is topped off and we’re ready to go,” Ogburn said.
“The harder we work maybe the luckier we’ll get.”
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault