Rain, heavy wind move slam Piedmont
The severe line of storms containing strong winds and heavy rain moved through the Triad around 10 p.m. on Wednesday night, causing a few down trees and power lines.
Light showers still linger behind the line, but clearing is expected later tonight.
A Wind Advisory is in effect until 4 a.m. Thursday morning.
Behind the front, we expect temperatures to cool back to near or below normal through the weekend with dry conditions.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home