Pedestrian hit by car in Kernersville dies
KERNERSVILLE, N.C. — A woman walking along Oakhurst St. in Kernersville died after being hit by a car on Tuesday evening.
Witnesses say before the crash they saw the young woman, wearing dark colors, walking and typing on her smartphone.
The neighbors heard the driver hit his brakes, then the sound of the impact. The driver and his passenger immediately got out of the vehicle to help the pedestrian who was breathing, but unconscious.
“The pedestrian was transported to Baptist hospital,” said Kernersville Officer J.D. Collins. “The traffic crash reconstruction team is currently investigating the collision.”
Authorities said the victim died after being taken to the hospital.
The wreck is still under investigation and it remains uncertain if charges will be filed against the driver.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy