Archdale police chief retiring
ARCHDALE, N.C. — Archdale Police Chief Darrell Gibbs will reportedly retire at the end of the week.
The High Point Enterprise reports Gibbs, 55, will retire Friday. He has been with the department fore 29 years and ten months.
“Darrell has a long tenure here and has served the city and its citizens with integrity and class,” city manager Jerry Yarborough tells the Enterprise.
Gibbs tells the paper he wants to “venture out and do some other things.” He recently purchased a home on Lake Tillery, where he plans to spend some time immediately after his retirement, he said.
Read more: HPE.com
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home