Archdale police chief retiring
ARCHDALE, N.C. — Archdale Police Chief Darrell Gibbs will reportedly retire at the end of the week.
The High Point Enterprise reports Gibbs, 55, will retire Friday. He has been with the department fore 29 years and ten months.
“Darrell has a long tenure here and has served the city and its citizens with integrity and class,” city manager Jerry Yarborough tells the Enterprise.
Gibbs tells the paper he wants to “venture out and do some other things.” He recently purchased a home on Lake Tillery, where he plans to spend some time immediately after his retirement, he said.
Read more: HPE.com
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview