Two additional suspects charged in murder of Jonesville officer
YADKIN COUNTY, N.C. — Two additional men now face charges in connection to the murder of a Jonesville police officer killed in 1996 and a man already in custody for the crime is facing new charges.
A grand jury in Yadkin County indicted 37-year-old Scott Vincent Sica on Monday. Sica faces additional charges of attempted armed robbery, conspiracy to commit armed robbery and two counts of possession of stolen good relating to vehicle thefts.
He was arrested in Cape Coral, Fla. on Oct. 3, 2012 and is accused of killing 30-year-old Sgt. Gregory Martin in October 1996.
The same grand jury indicted Brian Eugene Whittaker and Marc Peterson Oldroyd.
Whittaker, 37, of Cape Coral, Fla., was indicted on charges of first degree murder, attempted armed robbery, conspiracy to commit armed robbery and two counts of possessing stolen goods.
Oldroyd, 40, of Rockwood, Tenn., was indicted for first degree murder, attempted armed robbery and conspiracy to commit armed robbery.
Whittaker and Oldroyd are both currently in custody in Yadkin County.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview