Roy’s Folks: Rock painter
PIEDMONT, N.C. —Pam Thayer spends a lot of time rock-hounding on the banks of the Little Uwharrie River near her home in Randolph County. She’s not looking for any particular kind of rock, but the ones with an unusual shape catch her eye.
When she gets them home she cleans them and then applies paint to accentuate the shape so everyone else can see what she sees. Thayer says it’s sort of like looking at clouds and using your imagination.
Her art has portrayed everything from Elvis to Mary and Baby Jesus.
Her art is available at the “Purple Pig” on Main Street in Lexington and online at http://www.etsy.com/search/shops?search_query=pamthayerart
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault