Report: Abducted girl found safe at Burger King in Charlotte
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A young girl who was reported missing last week was found Saturday at a fast food restaurant in Charlotte.
According to WBTV, the preteen victim was abducted, driven around for hours, and then held at a hotel by multiple suspects.
The suspects “grabbed” the girl “near her home’ on Thursday afternoon, WBTV reports.
The station reports a security guard spotted the girl in an uptown Burger King near the Transit Center.
“He approached the girl and asked if she was in fact the missing girl,” WBTV reports.
After the security guard contacted Charlotte police, officers notified the victim’s family, the station reports.
Investigators are still working to collect information.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it