Report: Abducted girl found safe at Burger King in Charlotte
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A young girl who was reported missing last week was found Saturday at a fast food restaurant in Charlotte.
According to WBTV, the preteen victim was abducted, driven around for hours, and then held at a hotel by multiple suspects.
The suspects “grabbed” the girl “near her home’ on Thursday afternoon, WBTV reports.
The station reports a security guard spotted the girl in an uptown Burger King near the Transit Center.
“He approached the girl and asked if she was in fact the missing girl,” WBTV reports.
After the security guard contacted Charlotte police, officers notified the victim’s family, the station reports.
Investigators are still working to collect information.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK