Man airlifted after serious accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, N.C. — A Jamestown man was seriously injured after a crash on I-85 southbound near Mile Marker 91 in Davidson County on Monday.
Trooper N.S. Varney said a tractor-trailer was traveling in the right lane “with its flashers on” around 11 a.m. when a Ford Focus traveling at an estimated 80-85 mph rear-ended the tractor-trailer.
AirCare Critical Care transported the driver of the Ford Focus to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center.
Varney said the man suffered “serious injuries” and is currently listed in stable condition.
I-85 southbound was closed for a short period of time while crews transported the victim.
The road has since reopened.
According to Trooper Varney, the driver of the tractor-trailer “did nothing wrong,”and was not injured.
The driver of the Ford Focus was cited for careless and reckless driving. He has not been identified.
No other information was provided.Submit Your Photo
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave