Juvenile accused of stealing Eden police car, crashing into officer’s patrol vehicle
EDEN, N.C. — Officials said a juvenile was arrested after stealing an Eden Police patrol car and crashing into a Mayodan Police patrol car early Sunday morning.
Eden Police officials said they saw an unoccupied vehicle down an embankment around 2:45 a.m. on Harrington Highway near Bethlehem Church Road.
Authorities said it had been stolen from a home in Reidsville and started investigating. While searching for the driver, officials said the suspect got into an Eden Police patrol car and left the scene.
Police said an officer with the Mayodan Police Department found the stolen police car shortly later in Mayodan.
Officers said the suspect began to flee in the stolen vehicle and struck the Mayodan officer’s patrol car after an officer tried confronting the suspect.
Officials said the suspect lost control of the vehicle in Stokes County at the intersection of Highway 704 and Highway 8.
The juvenile was reportedly taken into custody and taken to the Stokes County Sheriff’s Department.
No information about the suspect will be released because of age. Officers from each jurisdiction said they will be working with Juvenile Justice to file appropriate charges.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train