Crowds pack Andy Griffith Playhouse for reality TV show
MOUNT AIRY, N.C. — Crowds packed the Andy Griffith Playhouse Saturday in Mount Airy as a reality TV series was taped inside.
Mount Airy is one of eight cities across the country picked to be on AMC’s “Showville.” The producers of the series plan to highlight the drama behind small town talent shows.
Four local contestants competed for a $10,000 grand prize and the winner was picked by audience members.
The winner will be kept a secret until the show airs later this year.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy