Crowds pack Andy Griffith Playhouse for reality TV show
MOUNT AIRY, N.C. — Crowds packed the Andy Griffith Playhouse Saturday in Mount Airy as a reality TV series was taped inside.
Mount Airy is one of eight cities across the country picked to be on AMC’s “Showville.” The producers of the series plan to highlight the drama behind small town talent shows.
Four local contestants competed for a $10,000 grand prize and the winner was picked by audience members.
The winner will be kept a secret until the show airs later this year.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home