Billionaire Smackdown: Ackman and Icahn spew insults
Billionaire investors Carl Icahn and Bill Ackman went after each other with insults and accusations on CNBC Friday.
“Our goal here was to shine a light on Herbalife,” Ackman said on “Fast Money,” calling the company “a well-managed pyramid scheme.”
Ackman said the nutritional-supplement company in which he announced a massive short position “deserves the highest level of scrutiny.
“Our goal here was to shed the light on the company,” he said. “Frankly, Carl did me a favor by picking on me.”
‘People of Walmart’
Faces of Meth
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k