Billionaire Smackdown: Ackman and Icahn spew insults
Billionaire investors Carl Icahn and Bill Ackman went after each other with insults and accusations on CNBC Friday.
“Our goal here was to shine a light on Herbalife,” Ackman said on “Fast Money,” calling the company “a well-managed pyramid scheme.”
Ackman said the nutritional-supplement company in which he announced a massive short position “deserves the highest level of scrutiny.
“Our goal here was to shed the light on the company,” he said. “Frankly, Carl did me a favor by picking on me.”
‘People of Walmart’
Faces of Meth
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'