Trooper: ‘Pretty serious’ injuries in head-on collision on US 220
Trooper William Skinner says both drivers suffered “pretty serious” injuries in the crash, which happened around 7:15 a.m. on U.S. 220 North just north of U.S. 158.
According to Skinner, 70-year-old Linda Chandler of Stokesdale was driving a Buick sedan that crossed the center lines, hitting a Hyundai Sonata head-on.
The driver of the Sonata was identified as 39-year-old Leigh Jones of Greensboro.
Both drivers were taken to Moses Cone Hospital for treatment.
There were no passengers in either vehicle.
Trooper Skinner says weather, speed and impairment are not factors and investigators are not yet sure why Chandler crossed the center lines.
No other details were immediately available.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old