Trooper: ‘Pretty serious’ injuries in head-on collision on US 220
Trooper William Skinner says both drivers suffered “pretty serious” injuries in the crash, which happened around 7:15 a.m. on U.S. 220 North just north of U.S. 158.
According to Skinner, 70-year-old Linda Chandler of Stokesdale was driving a Buick sedan that crossed the center lines, hitting a Hyundai Sonata head-on.
The driver of the Sonata was identified as 39-year-old Leigh Jones of Greensboro.
Both drivers were taken to Moses Cone Hospital for treatment.
There were no passengers in either vehicle.
Trooper Skinner says weather, speed and impairment are not factors and investigators are not yet sure why Chandler crossed the center lines.
No other details were immediately available.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave