Crime scene at Atlanta Car Company in Lexington
LEXINGTON, N.C. — Authorities have been scouring an active crime scene Friday morning at a business in Lexington.
Davidson County Sheriff David Grice, the district attorney and the assistant DA have all paid visits to the Atlanta Car Company, located on Old Highway 52 near Walser Road.
They’ve also stopped by a second apparent crime scene located about two miles up the road.
Authorities have not released any statements or details about what they’re investigating.
According to the Lexington Dispatch, the sheriff’s office is investigating a homicide.
The-Dispatch reports Sheriff Grice was the first officer to arrive at the scene shortly after 9 a.m. after dispatchers received a report of a larceny in-progress.
“At this point we are investigating this as a deceased individual in the business,” Grice said, according to The-Dispatch.
The person who was reportedly found dead has not been identified.
No information has been provided.
This is a developing story. It will be updated as information is made available.Submit Your Photo
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old