Burlington man charged with downloading child pornography
Jack Edwards Hicks, 50, of Burlington.
BURLINGTON, N.C. — A Burlington man was arrested on Friday after deputies said he downloaded child pornography on the internet.
Deputies said 50-year-old Jack Edwards Hicks was charged with five counts of third degree sexual exploitation of a minor and received a $75,000 secured bond.
Deputies said they seized and examined several computers from his home at 814 North Avenue after executing a search warrant.
Officials said they began an investigation into the online trading of child pornography in October. A person at the suspect’s address had allegedly been downloading child pornography.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave