W-S/Forsyth County school board reviews applicants for new superintendent
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — The Winston-Salem/Forsyth County school board will begin reviewing applicants for the system’s superintendent position Thursday morning.
There are 33 applicants coming from 14 states and one U.S. territory. The system is not releasing information on whether there are local candidates in the pool.
No public announcement will be made Thursday. The narrowed field will go into private interviews as the next set.
The school system used the N.C. School Association as a search firm to assist in identifying applicants.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it