N.C. Zoo to close early on Friday
The North Carolina Zoo shared a photo of one of its cougars exploring its newly-snow-filled habitat (Jan. 23, 2013). Credit: NC Zoo Photographer Jeff Owen
ASHEBORO, N.C. — Due to predictions of adverse weather, the North Carolina Zoo will close to the public at 1 p.m. on Friday, January 25.
The zoo’s adverse weather policy for staff will also be in effect after 1 p.m. Friday. Depending upon park and weather conditions, the zoo will reopen at noon on Saturday, January 26. If required, a decision to remain closed will be made by 10 a.m. Saturday.
For information on daily operational status, the public can call the zoo’s toll-free number at 1-800-488-0444 or visit the website at www.nczoo.org.
The zoo is an agency of the N.C. Department of Environment and Natural Resources, John E. Skvarla, III, Secretary; Pat McCrory, Governor.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault