Adult care center in Mount Gilead closes abruptly
MOUNT GILEAD, N.C. — An adult care center in Mount Gilead reportedly closed without warning on Thursday morning.
According to WCNC, families and DSS workers are now struggling to find new homes for those who were living at the Tillery Chase Mental Health Facility.
Employees at the facility tell WCNC they received no warning.
State officials said adult care facilities are supposed to give 30 days notice if planning to close.
WCNC reports the facility was issued 31 demerits after a recent inspection.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy