Adult care center in Mount Gilead closes abruptly
MOUNT GILEAD, N.C. — An adult care center in Mount Gilead reportedly closed without warning on Thursday morning.
According to WCNC, families and DSS workers are now struggling to find new homes for those who were living at the Tillery Chase Mental Health Facility.
Employees at the facility tell WCNC they received no warning.
State officials said adult care facilities are supposed to give 30 days notice if planning to close.
WCNC reports the facility was issued 31 demerits after a recent inspection.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home