Plane makes emergency landing en route to Raleigh-Durham airport
MORRISVILLE, N.C. — A plane made an emergency landing Wednesday morning while en route to Raleigh-Durham International Airport.
According to WTVD, USAir flight #3583 departed from Ronald Reagen Washington National Airport at 6:54 a.m.
The plane’s “windshield heat sensor indicated a problem,” prompting a turnaround, WTVD reports.
The plane, which was originally scheduled to land at RDU at 7:30 a.m., landed back at DCA at 7:19 a.m.
USAir officials tell WTVD the windshield heat sensor turned out to be “faulty,” the station reports.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK