Plane makes emergency landing en route to Raleigh-Durham airport
MORRISVILLE, N.C. — A plane made an emergency landing Wednesday morning while en route to Raleigh-Durham International Airport.
According to WTVD, USAir flight #3583 departed from Ronald Reagen Washington National Airport at 6:54 a.m.
The plane’s “windshield heat sensor indicated a problem,” prompting a turnaround, WTVD reports.
The plane, which was originally scheduled to land at RDU at 7:30 a.m., landed back at DCA at 7:19 a.m.
USAir officials tell WTVD the windshield heat sensor turned out to be “faulty,” the station reports.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old