Mom accused of beating infant in Union County
Shannon Faulkenbury (Mugshot courtesy, WSOC)
UNION COUNTY, N.C. — A Union County woman has been arrested after deputies say she confessed to beating her infant daughter.
According to WSOC, Shannon Faulkenbury was arrested Tuesday after a two-month investigation.
Deputies tell WSOC the suspect took her daughter to Levine Children’s Hospital with a broken rib and leg in November, 2012.
Suspicion from doctors at the hospital prompted an investigation. The suspect eventually “confessed to beating her daughter” because the infant “would not stop crying,” according to WSOC.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old