Thomasville man charged in two sexual assaults
THOMASVILLE, N.C. — Thomasville Police have identified and charged a man in two sexual assaults that occurred in early 2012.
Detectives charged Ramon Lamont Johnson with first degree burglary, first degree rape, first degree kidnapping, attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon and assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury.
Thomasville detectives investigated two separate reports of rape at a Leonard Street residence where a female reported being the victim of two forcible rapes with a weapon on two separate occasions.
Police began investigating Johnson as a suspect when he was arrested and charged with sexual assault in 2011. His DNA was matched to evidence collected during his sexual assault investigation, according to police.
Johnson is also a registered sex offender.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Thomasville Crime Stoppers at 336-476-TIPS (8477) or Thomasville Police at 336-475-4267.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.